Tuesday, October 25, 2005


Day 2 - a particularly lush campsite. This is just outside of the SPAM factory - we'll be there tomorrow - and at a rest stop before arriving here, there was what I thought was a cattle truck. That was until I heard all the screaming pigs inside. Pleasant. This is the first night that I saw the Milky Way in the last 15 years. Also ran across a series of side of the road billboards for "gunssavelives.com". I'm going from memory here, but one of the ads was "Terrorists love gun control". Lovely. I finished listening to "Catch Me If You Can" on audio CD - much better than the movie for the areas where the two overlap, but the movie includes areas of the author's life after the book ends, such as working with the FBI. 635 miles today and 11 hours on the road. I'm getting good at setting up my tent in the dark.

No comments: