Friday, October 14, 2005

Get your obligatory post here!

Ok, it's been brought to my attention that I took this really great trip all last week, and haven't posted anything about it since. Honestly, I've been having a hard time focusing this week - this last Tuesday would have been anniversary number 2. Today I have the closing on the first of two refinances to put the house in my name. This refi also gives K. the buyout from the house, which puts me in an awkward financial position as I was just breaking even before that. Not really sure what the final impact of that will be, but it keeps me awake at night with anxiety. And then my annual (8 months late) review is finally getting started, and the first thing I hear is that our President as well as the "Chairman of the Board" are having a hard time justifying my existence. Which really pisses me off. Work had been my "safe" place, relatively speaking, but now it's starting to feel suspiciously like my other relationships, where I'm under appreciated by the person I'm with. I think our CEO is on my side, but come on! It's disappointing to have thought that my contribution to the team was clear, only to learn that perhaps it's not.

On a happier note, I have close to 350 pictures from the trip to sort through, and I hope to being pushing them up today. Details of the trip to come as well, I promise.

No comments: