Monday, November 14, 2005

Crazy Mokes � Monday Morning Blues

Crazy Mokes � Monday Morning Blues

So I'm reading my friend Amy's most recent post, and finding myself, yet again, readjusting my perspective of the people in my life. We're not all 20 anymore, at school, pretending to be adults, but not really. And now I see my friends with kids, and being parents, and great ones at that. And I realize that one could say, with authority, that we've reached adulthood.

I was reading the Monday Morning Blues, and felt an ache deep inside. How can it be that everyone around me is moving forward, expanding their families, while I feel like I've reset my clock once again. Everyone is outside playing in the warm summer sun, and I'm stuck inside for summer school, held another grade. Jealousy sucks. Living vicariously sucks. I'm tired of being held back. Maybe if I study harder I'll pass this time.

1 comment:

raine studios said...

You help me put some of my own things back into perspective. Even with my own struggles with perceived "adulthood" and inward perceptions of myself, it's true that I wouldn't trade the responsibilities of these two entrusted in my (our) care for anything.

I so love blogs. I feel like I'm getting to know all my friends even better. You're a good man - you'll get there Chris. Just know that when you do, it comes with it's own hurdles and regrets.