Friday, April 21, 2006

Innocent words

"...We wondered if you could and would like to come over and be with us all. If Chris and K are not busy they are invited also. Beginning time about 6:30."

Holy fuck that second sentance messed me up. Context... cousins of my parents invited them over for dinner tomorrow, and extended the invite to K and I, not knowing we're divorced. Which my dad explained to them, so now they know. But man - the words themselves just threw me off in a way that I did not expect.

5 comments:

krys said...

ok, feeling better about it now. shock being what it is and all.

Misty said...

good that you're feeling better about it, but i can see how that might throw you off - it would me too.

Brooke said...

The unfortunate thing is...it may happen a few more times before the shock wears off, if it ever does. Hope you feel better Krys.

Anonymous said...

Hey man - some people pay good money for that kinda thing. :-)

krys said...

?