Thursday, August 18, 2005

8/17 Dream

The new convention will be to simply give a header line as above for dreams, so they're easier to find - the date will indicate the day of the dream, so 8/17 means last night (today is the 18th). On to the dream -

I'm helping setup a tent, and my task is to assemble several rods that make up two legs and one of the roof pieces of the tent. Because they are no labeled, it's possible to put them together incorrectly, but not really realize it until later. So I've assembled my pieces, and one of the supervisors asks me if I've put it together correctly. I actually don't know if I did or not, but it looks ok, so I say that it is done correctly. So then he goes and is working with my part of
the tent frame when he realizes that it is not assembled correctly. He calls me over and starts yelling at me to fix it. I take the frame apart and am starting to reassemble it. I'm working with my head down, and am embarrased and ashamed about being proven wrong. But as
I work at correcting the frame, this guy keeps on going on and on about what a fuckup this is, and I'm getting more and more worked up - I start shaking, my jaw is trembling, and then I just lose it and break down.

Then there was something about going to a garden, climbing over a iron fence, and looking at a bunch of plants that have been cut down at the ground level. This garden is up at the top of a cliff, overlooking the ocean. I get the feeling that the garden has not been tended to
for quite some time. Then, as I watch, the cut down plants start to sprout flowers - and as I keep watching, they regrow and start blooming. But they don't stand up - because the stalks were cut off at the ground and were angled over, they grow parallel to the ground, straight out.

Ok, so like before, I'll post my thoughts about these in the comments section. I welcome yours as well.

No comments: