Sunday, August 14, 2005

Group Therapy, Session 1

I plan, at times, to treat all of you like one big (or little, for the pair of my readers) group therapy session.

I find myself tiring of interacting with my parents. Don't get me wrong, I love them immensely, but the last few days have seemed like too much. I'm thirty one years old for crying out loud, and living with my parents. I imagine that they must feel the same way. I'm treading on their toes, they're tredding on mine (although I think I'm the bigger imposition). I went to LEGOland with my mom today, and we stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I was pushing the cart, and I had a sudden memory of going grocery shopping with K., and it made me sad to not have that anymore. And then we were in the checkout line, and there was an attractive young woman in line infront of us, and I felt like the big loser, shopping with mom. And then I thought about shopping for myself, and getting back to my familiar food routines, and then I realized that my current food routines are heavily influenced by K., and it made me sad all over again. My counselor is challenging me to be present through this uncomfortable time; to be me and not shut down and tune out. I don't really know who that is, and it's causing anxiety because I'm not feeling like I'm living up to the challenge. Things to talk about this week I suppose.

So I went and rented "XXX - State of the Union", and "The Mind Gap" to keep me occupied. I've been doing alot of krys thinking the last several days, and I need a distraction.

So, if you're up to it, I welcome you to be a member of this big group session. Or don't - I'm just as voyeouristic as the next guy, so I can respect that as well.

No comments: