Monday, August 15, 2005

Long talks and catching up

I just returned from the viewing for Marcia. It turned out to be a nice opportunity to catch up with Steve, Cheryl, Randy, and Doug from my old SEA (Science and Engineering Associates) days, which was my first job as a co-op in college and then for the first year after college. I had a chance to spend quite some time talking with Cheryl, who I have a good relationship with. We talked all about losing relationships and finding ourselves, and what makes for a good marriage and what makes for a good self. I always enjoy our chats, and felt especially "present" during this one, which I take to be a good sign. Now, if I can just take that "in the now" energy and bring it with me to the rest of the world...

My mom asked me for the address to this blog tonight, after reading my sister's blog (see side bar - Adventures in Vet School) - Hi Mom! This should be a little interesting having mom (and possibly dad?) read my blog, as we don't really do the emotion thing in our family. And I'm a little nervous about my mom reading my previous posts, since I talk about being ready to move on, which I am, but I fear that perhaps I was not as "diplomatic" as I could have been. Well, maybe it will prompt additional conversation. Although, honestly, I've done alot of the "deep conversation" bit over the last 9 weeks, and I'm ready for a break.

Tired. Must sleep. More tomorrow. Come back then.

No comments: