Sunday, June 17, 2007

This is my dad


This is my dad. He defines for me what it means to be a man. He has shown me strength, compassion, thoughtfulness, and action. He taught me how to handle moneyj, be independent, and to love the outdoors. Some of my favorite memories are biking with him to Mt. Vernon, or up the C&O Canal.

It wasn't until the past several years as I went through my own trials that the true definition of who he is as a man and mentor truely came out. It has been with much joy and celebration in my heart that I have seen him as an emotional being, with vulnerability and depth.

One day I hope to be a father, a dad, a teacher, a guide of my own. One day i will pass on to a new soul that which I have received. but not yet. For now I grow in his presence, like a sponge expanding at the first contact with water.

Yay for dads! They're the best :)

1 comment:

Big Tree said...

Krys,
This tribute is quite lovely and touching. Would be cool if you could share with your dad. I think it would mean a lot to him:)